VSTO ClickOnce?

Oct 10, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Hi

Great idea for plugin but have you tested with VSTO files? My project http://outlook2010translate.codeplex.com/ i've tried to add ClickOnce to Codeplex but because of lack of application.exe file in VSTO clickonce that's not possible. 

Got any ideas?

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I have not tested the plugin with VSTO files, but I have though about it previously :)

I will take a look at what I can do to support VSTO setup files, and will reply in a few days.

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:26 PM

At the moment, the CodePlex site only supports publishing regular ClickOnce applications, and not VSTO projects, it seems. The different is that in a regular ClickOnce, there is an [NameOfYourApop].application file in the root of the publish directory, while the VSTO has [NameOfYourPlugin].vsto. CodePlex doesn't seem to recognize this file yet, and so doesn't allow these to be published.

A possible workaround is creating a simple "setup" for your application, which would do nothing but launch your .vsto file, which would be published instead of the VSTO. However, I don't think checking for updates would quite work in this case, so I do not believe it to be a good idea.

I suppose you should propose the idea to the CodePlex team to allow VSTO ClickOnce publishes to be done.